• Academic Scholarships
• Music Scholarships and Music Exhibitions (see below)
• Vaughan Jones Sports Scholarship and Awards (see below)
• Mountjoy Awards and Old Monmothian Awards (for candidates who show all-round ability and potential)
• EF Bulmer Award (for sixth form candidates from Herefordshire)
• Bursaries (see section on Bursaries & Assisted Places)
• Assisted Places
• HM Forces Bursaries
|11+ Music Auditions||TBC
|13+ Music Auditions||TBC|
|Sixth Form Auditions||TBC|
1) 2 pieces on the candidate’s main instrument 5) Scales and arpeggios at the appropriate grade;2
2) At age 11 (usually grade 3 standard or above) 6) Sight reading and aural tests at the appropriate grade;
3) At age 13 (usually grade 5 standard or above) 7) A second study if possible;
4) At age 16 (usually grade 6 standard or above) 8) Singing
Candidates should also be prepared to answer general questions on their musical interest e.g. composing, harmony, concerts, instruments, choirs and orchestras. Successful candidates will be expected to show some knowledge of theory and to take the GCSE Music course. Sixth Form Music Scholars would be expected to study Music to A level. Award holders should show signs of outstanding potential and enthusiasm. They will be expected to offer a strong and positive example of commitment to their peers.
|11+ Sports Trials||Wednesday 30 January 2013|
|13+ Sports Trials||Friday 1 March 2013|
|Sixth Form Sports Trials||Tuesday 16 October 2012
Tuesday 12 February 2013
1) Details of the candidates sporting achievements should be provided along with the names of two people who are able to comment on the candidate’s proficiency and potential in sport.
2) Short-listed candidates will be invited to the School for trials and aptitude tests.
3) Candidates must fulfil the academic requirements for entry and have a satisfactory report from their school.
Award holders must be prepared to play a full and active part in sport within the School and offer a strong and positive example of sporting commitment to their peers.